• Our clinic is open with limited timings during the pandemic.
• We are requesting all patients to book a phone consult with their family doctor if they have any care need. This can be done by calling the clinic or it can be done online, please specify phone consult when booking online.
• After the initial phone consult, you may be asked to come in-person to the clinic for further assessment.
• We are closely following public health recommendations as the well-being of our patients and staff is our top priority.
• PLEASE let our staff know if you or any of your family members are experiencing flu-like symptoms, have travelled outside of Canada within the last 2 weeks, have had close contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19, or have a current diagnosis of COVID-19.
• Thank you for your cooperation in these trying times.
• There is a triage process underway to determine the sequence in which vaccines will be distributed. From the available information, seniors over the age of 75 will be first, followed by other high risk populations which have yet to be defined. This is estimated to start some time in February 2021. Please visit the AHS website for the most up-to-date information on vaccine distribution.
• Family medicine clinics do not store or administer COVID-19 vaccines at this time, but talks are underway to prepare family medicine clinics to do so for more rapid and widespread distribution in the future.
Dr. Ginette Heeps has joined our clinic in June 2020!
Dr. Heeps was qualified in 1998 from the University of Nottingham Medical School in the UK and undertook General Practitioner (GP) training in the Midlands. She has been a family physician since 2002. She worked in a GP partnership and worked as a trainer of new GPs until the summer of 2015, when she left the UK with her family to come to work in Calgary. Her medical interests cover the whole spectrum of family medicine, including child health, chronic disease management, women's health and preventative medicine. She believes strongly in communicating well with her patients and providing patient-centered care.
Dr. Hao Shi is a new full time family physician who has joined our clinic in July 2019. He completed his medical training at Western University and Queen's University, Ontario. He is able to communicate in Mandarin in addition to English. His special interests include obstetrics, palliative care, and minor procedures including IUDs, corticosteroid injections, trigger point injections, and toenail removals.
Dr. Shi has put a hold on accepting new patients at this time. If you would like to join his practice, please call our clinic to put your name on a list to be contacted when he starts taking patients again. Family members of existing patients may still join the practice at this time without any delays.